The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for outreach to the uninsured, under insured and medically underserved areas and populations as identified in the Advantage Care FQHC Community Needs Study. Community Outreach Coordinator will identify those in need of services which include, but are not limited to, preventive primary health care services, including care for chronic and communicable diseases, dental services, mental health services, pediatric care and immunizations.
LPN Advantage Care Brookville & Freeport locations full time 35 hrs flex
Advantage Care Health Centers and The Fay J. Lindner Center for Autism are Long Island’s premier Federally Qualified Health Care Centers (FQHC). We provide comprehensive medical, dental and mental/behavioral health services to children and adults.
The LPN performs any combination of following duties under direction of physician to assist in the treatment and coordination of care of patients.
- LPN from an accredited vocational training institution.
- 24 Continued Medical Education (CME) credits per credentialing cycle (2 years).
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- AED Certification.
- Strong oral, written, computer, and organizational skills required.
- Prior experience coordinating medical record activities (EMR) of a busy medical office or health care center, preferred.
- Flexibility – work at both sites.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- participates in Chronic Care Management Program;
- administers injections, vaccinations and medication as ordered by MD/NP/PA;
- coordinates care with CLS;
- inventories and orders medical supplies and materials;
- maintains log books for quality control;
- provides preventive health education;
- inventories (vendors, labs, pharmacy);
- completes prior authorizations for medication, DME and services as requested;
- performs medication reconciliation;
- manages medical phone line;
- preloads intake packets for new patients;
- supervises medical assistant staff and completes annual vital sign assessments and trainings as indicated;
- provides educational support to patients and direct care professionals on behalf of patient;
- performs all other related duties, as requested by supervisor;
- assists new hires with EMR training, skills training, infection control training;
- reconciles labs/referral orders electronically;
- utilizes Healthix to receive patient hospitalization, ER and rehab tests, consults, procedures and discharge summaries
- utilizes NYSSIS for immunization tracking
- serves as a member of the Infection Prevention, Performance Improvement, and other committees deemed necessary
- participates in open house/medical screenings and community outreach initiatives as developed by center;
As necessary, may perform the following:
- prepares examination/treatment rooms; measures vital signs (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure), as well as height and weight and records information in EMR;
- interviews patients, oversees the enrollment process;
- hands instruments and materials to doctor, as directed;
- preloads/cues patient charts (med list, problems, allergies, vitals) prior to examination;
- cleans and sterilizes instruments;
- operates electronic electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests or calls a medical facility to schedule patients for tests;
- administers treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests;
- assists with specimen handling;
- complies with social distancing rules, adheres to PPE and infection protocols.